July 24, 2020
Dear Sage Families,
As you may be aware, Governor Ducey provided an update on schools yesterday. The Governor announced the Arizona: Open for Learning Plan and issued Executive Order 2020-51. The new order issues additional guidance for the safe reopening of schools.
By August 7, the Arizona Department of Health Services will develop and release public health benchmarks that schools should consider when determining when we can safely return to in-person, teacher led instruction. We will be using this guidance to determine if school will resume in person as planned on August 17.
Here are a few updates we would like to provide:
- On-Site Learning: School resumes August 17. In accordance with the Governor’s Executive Order 2020-51, once we have considered the guidance and recommendations issued by the Department of Health, we will determine if we will be returning to regular in person classes on the first day of school. If we are unable to return to regular classes will be providing teacher lead instruction on-line until it is determined safe to begin direct in person instruction. We will be offering free on-site learning options for students during regular school hours. Staff will be providing a safe environment where students are able to complete their on-line instruction. Before and Aftercare programs will be available on a limited basis as well during that time. We will provide information to all families on those options as information becomes available.
- Distance Learning: Families who choose to enroll their child in Sage Online Academy (virtual self-paced) please email NWeber@sage-academy.org. Children enrolled in the online program will be permitted to transfer to in person learning at the end of the quarter, if there is availability in the physical class. If you have already submitted your intent via the online survey, you will receive more information from the Distance Learning team in the coming weeks.
- Masks: The Governor’s Executive Order 2020-52 also requires development of a face masks policy for the safety of students and staff. Exceptions will be made for students when they socially distance, are outside in playground settings with distance, breaks for students to take off their masks off in a safe environment, and other exceptions outlined in the CDC guidelines.
- Device Distribution: We will be sending information to families regarding dates and times for device distribution the week of August 10. We want to ensure all distance learning students have a device in their hands and are ready for the first day of school on August 17. All students are encouraged to use a school issued device in order for us to better provide technology support should it be needed. Students are able to use their own device if their family chooses.
- Internet: For families without any Internet access, we will be sending out more detailed information on how to get connected.
We hope that you and your family continue to stay safe and healthy. Please contact the school office for more information at email@example.com or (602) 485-3402.
Sage Academy Administration