We are excited to announce that we will be opening our classrooms to in-person learning on September 14. We will continue with multiple options for distance learning for those families who prefer to learn safe at home.
The spread of COVID-19 has slowed enough for to reopen for in-person classes under state health recommendations.
The benchmarks, which use the level of COVID-19 spread as the barometer for safely reopening school buildings, show that Maricopa County has met the health benchmarks.
- The number of COVID-19 cases has declined for two consecutive weeks or the rate of cases has been lower than 100 cases per 100,000.
- The infection rate has been below 7% for two consecutive weeks.
- Hospital visits for COVID-like illnesses have remained below 10% for two consecutive weeks.
Because spread is considered “minimal to moderate” in Maricopa County, Arizona Department of Health Services guidance recommends that schools open with fewer students on campus at the same time. That model of learning, called hybrid learning, usually requires students to split their week between virtual and in-person learning.
Since many of our Sage families have elected to stay home and learn virtually for the first quarter, we anticipate our in-person classes being open to all students five days a week. In order to prepare for the families that are comfortable returning to in person learning we are asking to update your families preference.
Those families electing to continue with the distance learning model will have a choice of the distance learning similar to what has been done so far this year or move to the Edgenuity self paced program which will be available on September 14.
If your family chooses to return to in person learning and your child(ren) must miss an extended amount of time due to illness or possible exposure to Covid-19, they will have the option for distance learning online while they are out. Students who have anyone in their household exposed must stay home and quarantine as recommended by the CDC.
Transportation is not available during this time.
Kindergarten | 9am – 2pm, Early Release Wednesdays 1pm
Grades 1 – 8 | 8:30am – 3:30pm, Early Release Wednesdays 2:30pm
Before and aftercare will also be available for a fee to families who need care outside of the regular school hours. Rates and hours have been adjusted to increased safety and health protocols, including smaller group sizes. DES is accepted.
Kindergarten | 6:00am – 9:00am $30 a week
Grades 1 – 8 | 6:00am – 8:30am $20 a week
Kindergarten | 1:00pm/2:00pm – 6:00pm $50 a week
Grades 1 – 8 | 2:30pm/3:30pm – 6:00pm $35 a week
Below are some of the expectations if you choose in-person learning for your child(ren):
• Allow temperature checks upon arrival and throughout the day
• Answer screening questions upon arrival
• Do not share supplies or food
• 6-foot distance from other students and staff
• Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer regularly
• Wear a face covering as directed
• Avoid touching your face
• Follow code of conduct expected during normal school days
• Parents must ensure their children are symptom-free before sending them to school
• Parents must immediately pick up their child when/if they are ill or showing signs/symptoms of COVID-19
• Parents must transport their children and pick up and drop off at the scheduled time each school day
• Parents must sign in and sign out their children each day
• Parents will wear face coverings and provide face coverings for their children to enter the school
• Parents must pick up your son/daughter if he/she violates the code of conduct
• Parents must notify the on-site support services staff if someone in your household has tested positive for COVID-19 (then follow County/State/CDC guidelines for student return to campus)
• Parents must cooperate with contact tracing when/if needed with COVID-19 exposures
• Campus/classroom visitors will not be allowed